Saturday, October 25, 2008

Trail-a-Bike








It has taken me a week to write about last weekend. Though it was full of interesting things, they now seem long ago and unimportant, but we have some video and that is always fun. Greg wrote on his blog about his first ride with our trail-a-bike for Olivia. The next day we attached it to my single-speed, Bianchi SASS. I haven't ridden it much because the gearing is set up for trails and on the road I have to go really slowly or pedal really fast; it looks and feels ridiculous. We thought the trail-a-bike might be heavy enough to make the gearing more appropriate; it did. I'm sure it is heavier than the trailer because it was as difficult pull and the weight difference between my Milano and the SASS is huge; the SASS being much lighter. I was still able to make it up the hills without too much difficulty and that is more important to me than speed. Olivia has never ridden a bike as we don't have one small enough for her so she doesn't understand the balance involved and her wobbling pulls by bike inches from one side to the other which was a little disconcerting. Still we all had a wonderful ride and always enjoy being together as a family. Children are the greatest blessing I could imagine.

1 comment:

PL Anne Anderson said...

Sweet! That's so great that you all were out for a ride! We have a tag-along bike for our son, but he get's scared on it, thinking it's going to tip over all the time. So we have only used it a handful of times. How old is Olivia? She seemed to like it!?
Love the video and pics!